Job Title: Closing-Funding Assistant
Reports To: Funding Manager
Department: Direct Operations
Location: Irvine, CA | Diamond Bar, CA | Remote
Our customer-centric team is changing the home lending game with fierce loyalty and a dedication to delivering an extraordinary home loan experience. We empower our team members by engaging and immersing them in a fun, positive, and energetic atmosphere that places emphasis on the customer experience above all else. If you love coming to work every day and winning, hold yourself to high goals and standards, subscribe to a no drama workplace and live to serve your customers as much as each other…we want you on our team.
Mission Loans is seeking experienced mortgage professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on quality of work and delivering an exceptional customer experience. As a Closing/Funding Assistant, your primary mission is to assist the Closer/Funder with various task to expedite the Closing and Funding process.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Assist Closers and Funders with various duties listed, but not limited to below.
- Submit UCD reports through FNMA and FHLMC
- Complete Verbal Verification of Employment
- Run MERS validations
- Review final Settlement Statements and send Post Consummation Closing Disclosures when required
- Separate and submit Closing Documents through Remote Desk top Servicer
- Upload Compliance Reports and Underwriter Approvals
- Maintain productivity and quality performance at or above required goals
- Operate in a manner that promotes loan quality and compliance with lending laws
Skills & Abilities
- Subscribe to a no drama workplace
- Subscribe to the mission of creating a truly customer and team member centric environment
- Love to come into work every day and win
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently under minimal supervision, and as a team player
- Clear, effective interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and manage to multiple deadlines
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes
- Excellent attention to detail with commitment to accuracy and quality
- Dependable, responsible and able to use good judgement
Qualifications & Experience
- 1 yr. previous experience in the mortgage industry or a customer service related role, preferred but not required (we will train anyone with the right winning attitude!)
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Empower, a plus
Other Duties: This position profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may be asked to perform additional related duties, as assigned, in order to meet the needs of the organization.